Adult acne: What’s it about ?
Adult acne is on the rise between adults, men and women after the age of 23 years old. Acne shows up in females as small and medium size pimples, usually hard with very little or no pus. In men, it is considered as continuation of teen acne.
In women it is triggered by variuos factors:
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual periods and pregnancy.
- Current or previous use of birth control pills.
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products.
- Certain drugs (such as steroids, testosterone, estrogen, and phenytoin).
- High levels of humidity and excessive sweating.
What can Dr Fam do for you?
Adult acne in men is treated as teen acne
Adult acne in women is treated differently:
- Antibiotics usually do not work in adult acne
- Facial treatment with therapeutic products that target adult acne
- Most of adult acne in women does not need extraction
- Removing excess oil and exfoliating dead skin
- Treating acne with LipoHydroxy products which are very specific to clear adult acne in women
- For home care we recommend the unique Biomani AcneControl Line