Hair loss can affect just the scalp or the entire body. It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications. Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness There are several treatments available to prevent further hair loss and to restore growth.
Hair loss can appear in many different ways, depending on what's causing it. It can come on suddenly or gradually.. Some types of hair loss are temporary, and others are permanent Types of hair loss
Types of hair loss
- Gradual thinning on top of head. This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting both men and women as they age. In men, hair often begins to recede from the forehead
- patchy bald spots. Some people experience smooth, coin-sized bald spots.
- Sudden loosening of hair. A physical or emotional shock can cause hair to loosen. Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing your hair or even after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss usually causes overall hair thinning and not bald patches.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp. This is a sign of ringworm. It may be accompanied by broken hair, redness,
What Dr. Fam can do for you:
- Finding the cause of hair loss and treating it
- Utilizes mesotherapie treatment
- Special hair growing supplement
- Prescription medication of required